If you’re an experienced web developer who brings a passion for all facets of the development lifecycle, are driven to create an outstanding user experience, and are looking to take your career to the next level with a dynamic and experienced team at the forefront of professional web design and management, we’d love to hear from you!
We are Wine Works, a full-service web design company driven to help our clients reach or exceed their marketing goals through outstanding web and e-commerce presence. Dedicated to the winery sector, we have over twelve years of proven success delivering web projects that achieve more through WineDirect, WordPress and Commerce7 platforms. We’re a small team who take a lot of pride in the work that we do.
Due to business growth, our team is expanding and we’re recruiting a Front-end Developer to deliver an outstanding client user experience through expert completion of development projects, from hand-off of initial design through final deployment and support of the product. To accomplish this, you will:
- Manage the daily schedule with big builds as a priority along with incoming daily tasks
- Complete core items from supplied design files (Adobe XD, Adobe Illustrator or Adobe Photoshop) to produce HTML/CSS /JS templates, moving them to targeted platforms such as WordPress, WineDirect and Commerce 7
- Collaborate with Designers to ensure design and development are aligned, conduct design reviews, make adjustments where required
- Exercise quality control of all development including browser testing
- Assist with web hosting and deployment automation
- Effectively manage personal productivity and time management to deliver projects on time and within budget, accurately documenting time in Wine Works systems
Most of all, you are truly passionate about your work and about the role of the user experience in our client’s success. You know how to work with a team and communicate well with colleagues and clients.
Specifically you bring:
- Three+ years of web development experience and a strong portfolio of work that demonstrates your skills, creativity, problem solving and expertise.
- Experience working with WordPress
- Proficiency in website development, complemented by significant study/training which may include a diploma or degree.
- Passionate about technology with an interest in front-end technologies.
- Energized by working with clients, and building technology solutions to help them solve their business challenges.
- Effective at communicating with teammates, clients and colleagues, regardless of the size of the project or problem to solve.
- Excited to working in a culture that values diversity and inclusion.
Would Be Nice:
- Coding HTML emails
- Experience working with CraftCMS
Why You Should Apply:
If you’re looking for a truly collaborative, agile, and results-oriented workplace, then we think you’ll like it here at Wine Works. We’re based in Abbotsford BC currently with remote work arrangements in place. We’re open, fast-paced and bureaucracy free, committed to fostering a diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment where all applicants and employees are treated equally. What sets us further apart is our support for every team member to own their part in our client’s success, push their own boundaries, discover new solutions and develop professionally. We offer competitive compensation and benefits to appropriately reward the opportunity and your contribution.
How to apply
Send us your resume, and a cover letter letting us know more about you and why you would be a good fit for Wine Works.
Wine Works is committed to fostering a diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment where all applicants and employees are treated equally.
Salary to be negotiated based on experience and skill.